North Texas Blogger & Paulette's Comedy

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Screen Door

Did I tell you Hunnybun custom built a screen door for our home?

I do not think I did; but I am telling you now.

You see, during a thunderstorm, our storm door was ripped off of the house (no, I did not cry because I hate glass storm doors) and I took this opportunity to inform Hunnybun I would like to have screen door instead of another glass storm door. He agreed.

BUT, I did not want a door one could purchase at Home Depot, no, no, I wanted a custom door. Not fancy schmancy screen door but an original door, different from everyone elses. 

So, I cleverly went to Home Depot and purchased the materials to build a custom door. You know, wood and metal screen. I did not want the plasticized screen so often used, no, I wanted metal, like the old days.

And then, it hit me, Andi is right! My house is like something out of Green Acres. I have copper pots and pans, a couple of  acres that are at this moment very, very green, a horse and now a screen door to top it off...


Without further ado, our new, different from all the others,custom made screen door. And it case I was not clear, I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Studmuffin likes it too...But he's afraid this may add to his honey do list. Of course, my storm door hasn't blown off it's hinges, so he has a little breathing room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I will pass on the compliments to Hunnybun...

    If you want to speed up the door replacement process, leave it open during the next severe storm. :)

    ReplyDelete