North Texas Blogger & Paulette's Comedy

Friday, May 21, 2010

Copper Tea Pot and Other Details...

While a fellow blogger Marilyn has upgraded her computer, I have taken a quantum leap into the past and purchased a tea pot to go with my copper cookware...


Speaking of which, have any of you ever watch the show 'Quantum Leap' with Scott Bakula?  I used to watch it when I visited my grandparents in Texas for when I lived in Oklahoma, my father and stepmother would not spring for satellite television and we had to either watch VCR recordings my grandparents sent us OR the 'Gospel of Luke' originally in Hebrew but translated by a narrator into English. No wonder I was so good at Bible trivia! ( I really, really hated this because I always wanted to watch 90210 and the other shows my classmates were discussing...)   My point is,that for its time, Quantum Leap was a great show and I quite enjoyed it - when I was able to watch it...  

Now, back to the cookware.

I love copper cookware. I decided I needed a tea pot to go with my copper pots and copper strainer; so, I hopped on Ebay.  I really agree with Andi and her comments about my having a 'Green Acres' house! { Love it!!!}



And guess what??



Are you guessing??



Do you know what I am about to show you?! Oh, of course you do, for it is in the title and I have mentioned it three times previously.



Here it is! A copper tea pot! I mentioned it a quantum leap into the past because I am quite sure it is older than I.  It has a lovely ceramic handle and knob on the lid. Once I polished the pot and lid, as it was quite tarnished when it arrived, it turned out quite nice...



My Copper Tea Pot! (And no, I did not break into song, although I did clap when it whistled!)  :)





2 comments:

  1. How on EARTH did you not break into song?

    I cannot fathom such an experience!

    And, I love that pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear. It was a difficult thing to withhold the teapot song; I guess that is why I clapped when it whistled!

    ReplyDelete