North Texas Blogger & Paulette's Comedy

Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Tub

One thing I enjoy doing is bringing seemingly deceased items back to life.  This can be cleaning up an old pot to dragging cast iron bath tub out of a pasture, sand blasting it and then having it recoated. Hence the subject of this post; the blue bathtub.

Below is photos of the bathtub I pulled out of a pasture; yes, I had permission.

The bathub was buried in bermuda grass and literally full of fire ants!  Yikes!  I hate, hate, hate ants and take great pleasure in upsetting their homes and extinguishing their miserable hate filled lives.  Heh hum, sorry...

Anyway, I loaded the tub into the pick up bed and happily returned home. 

Since the legs were broken and I decided to be different (really, are you surprised) and design a cradle for the bathtub.  My design was feasible and thus I contacted a local engineer to build the contraption.  It worked!

I then had the tub sand blasted and recoated, blue.  The color of blue is called 'bon voyage' by Behr to be exact.  I then sold the tub and made back my expenses plus a bit.

The first photos are the before and the second set, after...

Before:

Inside the tub


Outside of tub


and Again...

After:

View 1

View 2

Final View

I was literally laughed at when I took on this project.

Now I ask, who is laughing??  I think it turned out splendidly, and so did the buyer. :)

2 comments:

  1. YOU SOLD THAT SPLENDID TUB!!!!????'

    Hanging head in sorrow here...

    And, seriously, ants are hate filled? I never knew they had such strong emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to make room for my next restoration project. Perhaps another cast iron tub??? We shall see.

    Thanks for the compliment.

    ReplyDelete