North Texas Blogger & Paulette's Comedy

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My Dogs

I love my dogs, other peoples dogs and stray dogs too. I am a dog person pure and simple. And yes, I love cats too, but this post is about my panting, slobbering, ever needy, friends, my dogs.

Have you ever listened to someone tell a 'My Dog' story? If you have, you may have noticed their eyes light up, and a smile appears on their face. If you have a 'my dog' tail, (I mean tale) and would like me to post it, feel free to send me a message. There is something special about a dog and the energy they add to a home and to ones life.


Each of our dogs, like our children have many lovenames. Here are two examples(or more) per dog.


Cochise: Shep, Sheppy, Chise, Chisers, Do-Dah, Buddy, Son

Sophie: Soph, Teeny-weeny, Soapy, Chicken dog, Sissy

Ox: Occerman, Occers, Buddy, Son









Cochise - My 6.5 year old German Shepherd - Cochise is our great protector; although
now and again he falls asleep on the job. We came home one evening to find him literally reclined in the recliner, snoring!









Sophie - red brindle miniature dachshund 5 months old. Little Sophie is so sweet. She loves, loves and loves some more. She and the cat (Patches) are best of friends.










Yesterday, my beloved Blue Heeler, Ox went to rest in that place far, far away. Ox was the best frisbee player and just loved life. He was always so, so happy. I miss him so much my heart hurts. :( Rest in peace my buddy, rest in peace... :(






Our past dogs that will forever be in our hearts:


Max - dachshund
Lacey - dachshund
Tess - German Shepherd

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy! I am SO sorry about your dog. My dog got hit over Thanksgiving, (of course I chronicled the whole story in my blog) and it was awful. She did recover, but it was so scary.

    Glad to see you are still political, even though I'm sure Obama deleted your previous blog because it threatened his agenda. :)

    Love your stories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andi. Glad your dog recovered.

    ReplyDelete